Middletown, Ohio OVI Attorney
Aggressive defense for your DUI case
Being charged with DUI in Ohio is a serious matter with serious consequences. If you are convicted, you may lose your authorization to drive, have to pay outrageous insurance premiums and even spend time in jail. When your liberty is on the line, you need a serious attorney to defend you aggressively in court. With more than 30 years of experience in handling DUI cases, we have forged our reputation as an innovator in the field in DUI defense, and are known for going the extra mile to ensure that clients get the best possible results.
Middletown attorney standing up for your rights
We do not allow the police or the prosecution to run roughshod over your rights. We work together with our clients to find out the whole story, and keep them informed throughout every step of the process. We know that cases can end and sentences can be reduced when there has been police misconduct, so we scrutinize every piece of evidence the police submit in your case to make sure that they followed proper protocols and procedure. We understand Ohio’s DUI laws, and are diligent in building defenses that make sense legally, logically and scientifically. We fight the prosecution at every turn to ensure that you are treated with the respect you deserve, and that you get the results you desire.
How to protect yourself from the police
If you have been pulled over by the police, don’t let yourself become a victim. Follow these six tips and keep yourself out of jail:
- Do not be intimidated by the police. If you are nervous, police officers may think that you are hiding something or are intoxicated. Don’t give them that opportunity. Remaining calm and being polite are good ways to ensure that police officers leave you alone.
- Clean out your glove box. Fumbling through these compartments to find your registration or insurance can be misinterpreted as intoxication. Keeping the glove box or center console neat and clean allows you to swiftly grab your identification and present it to a police officer.
- Do not let the police search your car. Any evidence found in your car could be used to support a DUI conviction. Do not allow the officer to perform a search without a warrant.
- Take the sobriety test. Many DUI defendants have been found not guilty due to a malfunctioning breath analyzing machine or an improperly administered blood or urine test. Also, you may still blow under the legal limit.
- Get a blood test after release. Alcohol detection devices can be unreliable and malfunction. Don’t go to jail because of a broken machine. It’s a good idea to measure your BAC (blood alcohol concentration) with a blood test after arrest. At trial, your attorney can use that evidence to raise possible defenses.
- Contact a DWI attorney immediately.
Don’t let the police take your future away from you. Contact us today.
If you have been arrested for DUI, you need an aggressive attorney who has the knowledge and experience to help you win. Call Paris K. Ellis, Attorney at Law today at 513-423-0194 or contact us online to set up a consultation.